This is a blog for Performing Texts: Music, Liturgy & Jewish Life (Music 179), a course taught in the Music Department of the University of California, Berkeley, by Francesco Spagnolo (Fall 2012). The content of this blog (a blend of specific information about the class and its requirements, additional materials covered in the lectures, and various items encountered in the course of the semester) is meant for the students taking the course, although anyone is certainly welcome to read, listen and watch on!
- 19th-century amsterdam anthropology archeology architecture archives art assignments bar mitzvah Benjamin berkeley body language Christianity cohen brothers constellation digital drake ethnography Fieldwork film galaxy grades greek heilman historiography history holocaust ideas info intertextuality Jewish languages language levine liturgy magnes men metaphor methodology minhag music nazis notions photography picart piyyut poetry politics popular culture portuguese prayer rabbis rap music related religion renaissance resources revival ritual ritual objects Rosh hashanah sociology sounds sukkot syllabus synagogue synagogue life synagogues technology tefilah Text Texts UCLA women world music youtube
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- @AirCanada delayed on AC738 SFO-YYZ most likely miss connection with AC894 YYZ-MPX | can you please help? #travellingwithchild- 1 day ago
- Reato di #tortura, da Strasburgo un’altra condanna all’#Italia per la #Diaz #genoa #Italy larep.it/2sYIP8B https://t.co/KgILFtrJPv- 3 days ago
- @citizen_film @jcceastbay @magnes @JFCSEastBay @angshah Please take a look! A project started through @mapdiasporas… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…- 5 days ago
- RT @citizen_film: Thank you, Rob Gloster from the J. The Jewish News of Northern California for the lovely article about What We... https:/…- 5 days ago
- Shimon, il #robot che compone e suona la propria #musica larep.it/2sLqXye https://t.co/lbrMfXg5MN- 6 days ago