This is a blog for Performing Texts: Music, Liturgy & Jewish Life (Music 179), a course taught in the Music Department of the University of California, Berkeley, by Francesco Spagnolo (Fall 2012). The content of this blog (a blend of specific information about the class and its requirements, additional materials covered in the lectures, and various items encountered in the course of the semester) is meant for the students taking the course, although anyone is certainly welcome to read, listen and watch on!
- 19th-century amsterdam anthropology archeology architecture archives art assignments bar mitzvah Benjamin berkeley body language Christianity cohen brothers constellation digital drake ethnography Fieldwork film galaxy grades greek heilman historiography history holocaust ideas info intertextuality Jewish languages language levine liturgy magnes men metaphor methodology minhag music nazis notions photography picart piyyut poetry politics popular culture portuguese prayer rabbis rap music related religion renaissance resources revival ritual ritual objects Rosh hashanah sociology sounds sukkot syllabus synagogue synagogue life synagogues technology tefilah Text Texts UCLA women world music youtube
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- RT @AshMRichter: My latest article re: #security #spatialcomputing #iot #bim #cim #data in #mixedreality is out in the newly released Unit…- 1 week ago
- RT @hchesner: An exhibition of codices (rather than art) brings a new demographic into the museum. #iapprove al-monitor.com/pulse/original…- 1 week ago
- RT @AleZec: Marginal Cosmopolitans: Musical Representations of #ItalianJewish Identity comitesnz.com/news/the-embas… @spagnoloacht @UCBerkeley…- 1 week ago
- RT @ItalyinNZ: #HolocaustRemebranceDay: two talks, in Wellington and Auckland, on the history & cultures of the Jews in Piedmont (Italy) wi…- 3 weeks ago
- @hchesner Recently, in my Twitter life, I pretty much only follow you, @hchesner — the best of the best- 1 month ago